- Basic Radiation Terminology
- ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable), Radiation and Contamination Control
- HAZMAT (hazardous materials), Handling and Contamination Control
- Biological Effects of Radiation
- Physical Security Considerations
- Transportation and Shipping
- Available Information Sources
Description/Purpose:This course will provide employee and student sealed-source Moisture/Density Gauges users with fundamental radiation safety practices. The course also covers federal and state radiation safety requirements. This course is designed to satisfy the 3-year hazardous materials retraining requirement under 49 CFR 172.700-704 for gauge users. Additionally, for new gauge users, this course may be taken in lieu of required gauge manufacturer's operations and safety training.
Nuclear gauge users who are due for retraining or New nuclear gauge users as an alternative to manufacturer's operations and safety training.
Who Should Attend:
The manufacturer's course is required initially for authorized permittees, and then retraining every 3 years can be done either by the manufacturer or by CSS staff.
The complete course takes about 8 hours.
Length and location of Course:
Our trainers can provide on-site training at your facility or you may send your Operators to classes in Houston, Texas.